Saturday, June 21, 2014

100 Happy Days! (day one)

I have fallen off the blog-o-sphere. Surprise! I have been dealing with a lot of negativity, so I decided that I wanted to have a go at 100 Happy Days. So, My first post is going to be a few different pictures and such from my week. It's really a jumble of Happy Moments!

Ari has never had ice cream from an Ice Cream Truck before. We had been gone and as we were getting out of the car, We heard the music playing. Ari had no idea what was going on, but I asked Nate if we had any Dollar Bills. We usually don't. We happened to have exactly $3. It was just enough for Ari to get the ice cream she picked. A Sponge Bob with Bubble Gum Eyes. She has asked for Ice Cream every day since. :)





In other news, Ms. Adlai turned Five Months Old! At this point, she is closer to Six. Things were pretty hectic, and so this is going to be her Five Month Picture in The Baby Book. Adlai is a ridiculously happy little baby. She never really cries. She is just content and happy. I think this picture sums her up pretty well.


So, We had some pretty ridiculous car trouble on our trip to South Dakota. We were so excited to go, and in Colorado, after seeing my Grandma, our Jeep broke down. It ended up being that there were sensors out, and all kinds of stuff. Some people called into question our motives, because we opened a GoFundMe and got some help from Family and Friends, and ultimately ended up getting a new (read:used) Toyota Van. It really hurt me. I don't operate from a place of malicious intent, or selfish intent. I also would have really preferred that our Jeep didn't break down at all. Nobody plans for, or wants that. I always think about my Girls, and our Family. So, when I say that a lot of negativity has been surrounding me, that's what I mean. We were blessed that the Family and Friends who did help, were extremely happy that we were able to get something that was more appropriate for our growing family. While we were trying to figure out how to raise money, we decided to get a small show together. We played at Shaviq, a really great little Art Gallery in Rapid City, SD. An Amazing Local Photographer, Wesley Todd, took some really great pictures of us! We played with Clayton Kennedy  and Gallery. (Who I cant link. As far as I am aware, they don't have a Facebook.) I would first like to issue a great big thank you! They gave their time and talent to help us, and they didn't even know us! How awesome is that? Now, I just want to talk about how talented they are! I was totally blown away by Clayton's Style. He was funny, and engaging, and is great at what He did. Gallery was amazing. Both Ladies are very talented, and I was totally amazed by the vocal range they demonstrated. The thing is, with Musicians, often times, we don't get paid to play. You tend to have to play for exposure rather than money at first, which can be hard. You put a lot into what you do, and you share your gifts and talents for free. These guys did it knowing that there would be money involved, they just gave what was there to us. I know I'm kind of rambling, but it is a huge deal to me.
Clayton Kennedy

Gallery

Sylvia Dennis (me)

Nate Dennis


As you can see, Nate and I are pretty much the same person.





No comments:

Post a Comment