Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A New Leaf & How to be a Dennis!

Today, my little brood and I went to a really great place called The Wonder Place. It's located fairly close to us, and can I just say, I had no idea it even existed. A fellow Mama invited the girls and I to go, and it was absolutely a welcome break from our day to day. It had a water table, an art room, and a big Tree House. It even had a cute little pretend River Market. Ari loved it. Adlai got to splash around in some water, and it was just a really great day. 



For me, one of the hardest parts about living here has been the lack of interaction, and honestly, the isolation. This last weekend, we decided to shop for our produce at The River Market, and something came alive inside of me. How silly that shopping for veggies would do that, but it did. There was something alive about Little Rock that I hadn't noticed, or maybe failed to see prior to that outing. Maybe it was just the fact that our family hadn't done anything for the sake of doing it since Ari started OT, and ST. I'm not entirely sure, but there was something in me that made a resolution to enjoy my time here and grow the relationships I can, and really to just bloom where we are planted. Going to The Wonder Place with another Mom {a friend, even} made me feel human. It offered me some connection that I haven't had since I've lived here, and it was really nice.

You've probably noticed a little bit has changed on my blog, and you're if you've noticed, you're right! If you haven't noticed, I'll explain. My Husband and I have decided to make this blog a family blog. Nate is an excellent cook, and has decided that he is going to be posting recipes, and posts about our family, as well. We've decided to be more active in our blog posts, and more aware of whats going on here in blogger world! This resolution has been made before with very little success. We are thinking this time it might be a little bit different. This post is going to serve to update, introduce/reintroduce our Family, and get things rolling on The "New" Blog.


We are a family of 4, 5 if you count our Lab, Abita. Nate is Active Duty Air Force, and I, Sylvia, am a Stay At Home Mom. We have two beautiful daughters. Ari is 2 1/2 and Adlai is 4 months old. We didn't pick A names on purpose, and our Dog came to us with an "A" name. {It was just meant to be!} We are finding our feet, and faith after what proved to be a very challenging first year of marriage. You will see some posts about Sensory Processing Disorder {SPD} because our Daughter, Ari, was recently diagnosed with it! We hold our faith in Jesus Christ, although, some of our views may prove to be less tradition. We believe that LOVE is a verb, and that it can change things. We believe we are loved by God. Nate and I are vegan, while our Ari is not, and Adlai is a milkatarian. We are not perfect, in fact, we are far from it. We are messy, silly, busy, crazy people, and these are our dreams, hopes, failures, and victories! Come Along as we teach you "How To Be A Dennis."

Be Well,
Sylvia



No comments:

Post a Comment