Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Daughters, Dreads, Books, and A Possible Home.


My Oh My. Our lives are in a constant state of change. We are currently bouncing between Family Homes while trying to find a home of our own. I only had one solid stipulation: No Boxes on top of other boxes. (Apartments.) I never really found the perfect way to express my desire to raise my children "wild" until Nate and I started listening to Typhoon almost consistently. (Nate has listened for years, and finally got me to listen to them.) The line goes "Raise them in the wild, cause up against the city, my love is such a small thing." 

Being at my Parents, there is just this amazing "homey" feeling that comes from walking outside and grabbing an apple of the tree. Watching Ari play in their dirt driveway, and eating mint and lemon leaves straight from the plant. Adlai crawls around in green grass, and both girls are just piles of giggles. At night, you can see the stars, and if I'm lucky, I get to sneak a pet of one of the kittens I got to tame when He was just a baby. My girls are covered in bruises and bug bites. They are filthy. Correction, WE are filthy, and sometimes we spend all day outside with breaks to eat, or go to the Library, where we play more. Our clothes haven't been matching. This is what our summer should have been. We are living. And, it's wonderful. 

We are currently waiting for our Final Check and Separation Pay from The Air Force. We are looking forward to the opportunity to pay off debt, personal, and private, and move forward. Nate spent all of his adult life serving, and I think he is excited to try new things. I cant lie though, we are both a little freaked out. We have so many options without feeling like we have any. It's kind of a silly place to be. 

We found am amazing place and we are waiting for the decision on our application to come back, but it's perfect for us, right now. It was an old hay loft that was turned into an "Apartment." I say that loosely because we have access to a huge beautiful yard. You can't see the stars at night, but during the day, we can play outside. It's walking distance to the library, and really, it's just gorgeous! We are really excited at the prospect, but trying to maintain, just in case.

I decided to dread my hair. Love it or hate it, it wasn't for anyone but me. Maybe someday I will share my commitment to dread my hair, and how I feel it relates to my spiritual journey, but for now, I am just going to say that I did it, and I like it. 

We went to Reptile Gardens. Ari loved it! She just loves nature.

So, that is a brief update.




No comments:

Post a Comment